Who we are
Our website address is: https://dronenews.africa.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you have questions regarding our privacy policies, please contact us from our Contact Us page.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Enabling Services on the Sites – We offer a variety of services and functions through the Services. Personal Data that is collected through the Services will be used/and or disclosed to third-parties in order to enable us to provide the Services. For example, the Services allow you to interface with third-party websites, content, advertising, and features. To facilitate that interaction, we use your Personal Data and/or disclose your Personal Data to the third-party operating the websites and features.
Legal and Other Similar Uses – Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, Drones.R.Africa may need to disclose Personal Data when required by law when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on Drones.R.Africa. If we intend to turn over information related to you for any of these reasons we will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with advance notice, unless we are prohibited from doing so by law or court order.
We use industry standard website tracking and delivery technology to serve you relevant advertising on and off the Services. Our services display advertisements to you via targeted advertising methods. This permits us to show you certain advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests based on information we receive from visitors of the Services and by third-parties. You may also see certain ads through your use of the Services because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks allow us to target our advertising to users through the use of click-stream, demographic, behavioral and contextual information. The use of third-party tracking technologies to collect this information is often subject to their own privacy policies.
- Ad Serving – The ads appearing on our Sites are delivered to you by advertising vendors and/or by Drones.R.Africa’s own proprietary advertising delivery software. In order to serve ads to you, we may use information collected during your searches or visits to our websites and information that we specifically acquire from third parties.
- Advertising and Cookies – Some of our third party advertising partners may distribute cookies to users in advertisements that are provided to us. Drones.R.Africa has no access to or control over these cookies once we have received the advertisements. Some of these advertisers and services we use to deliver advertising may be engaging in online behavioral advertising as defined by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Cookies – Drones.R.Africa places small data files called cookies on your device to ensure that the Sites function properly, to track how you use our Sites, to improve our Sites and your user experience, and to tailor our Sites to your interests. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your computer or mobile device when you visit the Sites. They enable the Sites to record and/or remember your actions and preferences. Drones.R.Africa uses the following cookies on our Sites:
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use the Sites (for example, which pages you go to most often) to improve how the Sites work.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the Sites to remember the choices that you make (for example, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver online advertisements on and off the Sites that are more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. The cookies remember that you have visited the site and this information may be shared with other organizations, such as, advertisers.
- The cookies used by Drones.R.Africa third party cookies. Third party cookies are stored by third party providers and organizations with different domains.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
Drones.R.Africa is committed to the security and confidentiality of your data; hence we are progressively doing all we can to prevent data theft, unauthorised access and disclose through use of cyber-security software and technology which help keep the information we collect online secure.
Third-party service providers
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We would like let our users and visitors know that third parties may have access to your Personal Information; in order that they perform well and fully the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. Ad service third parties may use certain information about your visit to our site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you, but they are not allowed to collect or use personally identifiable information about you for their own purposes.
Notice to Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland